A new year, a new festival season, and our volunteers are gearing up to get ready for the 12th annual Car Free Day Vancouver street festivals. Once again the festivals will be taking place along Commercial Drive, Main Street, and Denman Street with block parties in Kitsilano. The festivities are happening the weekend of June 18th and 19th.
Stay tuned for details on what you can expect for 2016.
Go here if you would like to get involved in this year’s festival!
Anyone who is interested in helping plan the events can signup when our volunteer forms are live or drop in on our planning meetings:
West End Festival Next Planning Meeting
- When: Sunday, April 24th from 3pm-5pm
- Where: West End Community Centre (870 Denman Street); Bidwell Room
Main Street Festival Planning Meeting
- When: Sunday, May 1st from 3:45-5:45pm
- Where: Mount Pleasant Community Centre (1 Kingsway); Multipurpose Room 3
Commercial Drive Festival Next Planning Meeting
- When: Sunday, April 24th from 11am-1pm
- Where: MOSAIC (1720 Grant Street); Meeting Room
Kitsilano Block Parties Planning Meeting
- When: Monday, March 21st from 3:30pm-5pm
- Where: Be Fresh Local Market (1900 West 1st Ave corner of Cypress and 1st Ave.