Car Free Vancouver Society is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for our upcoming festival season. This is a part-time contract position that may grow into a long-term position in the future. All work can be completed remotely.
Car Free Vancouver Society works and hosts events on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.
Car Free Vancouver Society seeks to be a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. We encourage folks with a passion for car-free streets and pedestrian-focused urban planning to apply, regardless of background or experience level.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute promotional campaigns for upcoming Car Free Vancouver events and engagements across multiple platforms, including but not limited to local event listings, e-blasts and social media platforms
- Plan and/or create graphics to use in any posts or promotional campaign material
- Create and distribute promotional kits for groups and individuals participating in Car Free Vancouver activities
- Regularly monitor and assist in managing Car Free Vancouver social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Assist in planning for photography and recording of Car Free Vancouver events
- Work with Car Free Vancouver staff, contractors and volunteers to compile all necessary campaign information
- Festival Manager
- Excellent computer literacy, communication and organizational skills
- High level of familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Experience creating social media content an asset
- Experience with NationBuilder an asset
- Passionate about public space advocacy and public events!
- Regular access to internet
- Fluency in English
$2,000 total over 100 hours. Initial contract may be extended dependent on funding.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
July 5th, 2021
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected]