This year we are excited to be continuing our Activity Funds initiative in the areas of:
- Live Music / Performance Curation*
- Community Engagement
- Environmental Advocacy
- Art Installation
- Fee Waivers for Emerging Indigenous Artists/Artisans & Grassroots Nonprofits
Activity Funds formalize Car Free Day's practice of supporting local community groups or emerging Indigenous artists in need of financial support for Car Free Day initiatives. It also hopefully reminds everyone that Car Free Day is a community-led initiative and a day for Vancouver to dream big, experiment, and play in the streets.
- Commercial Drive application deadline is June 20th, but applications will be assessed and approved on a rolling basis, so apply early.
- Maximum individual funding amount is $1000 for Live Music / Performance and $500 for Community Engagement, Environmental Advocacy and Art Installations.
- Fee waivers are only for grassroots nonprofits and emerging Indigenous artists looking to waive the vendor fees. We do not provide any tents, tables or chairs.
- Your activity must occur on Car Free Day.
- Car Free Day is not responsible for projects that go over-budget and can't compensate a project beyond the awarded funding amount.
- Applications are open to Metro Vancouver individuals, groups, nonprofits, and businesses.
*This category is for those interested in running a stage, not individuals wanting to perform. If you'd like to apply to perform, please apply here.
We will host an info session for Activity Funds applicants who may wish to talk with a program administrator in person to ask questions or get help with their application.
Info Session #1 - TBD
If you plan to attend, please fill out the application after attending, as you can’t edit an application once submitted. Do not fill out two applications. ASL interpretation will be available upon request. Please request minimum one week prior to the event.
Please carefully read through the entire application and include a project budget proposal. Applications with missing information will not be accepted.