This year we are excited to be launching our Activity Grants initiative in the areas of:
- Live Music / Performance
- Community Engagement
- Environmental Advocacy
This formalizes Car Free Day's practice of supporting local community groups in need of financial support for Car Free Day initiatives. It also hopefully reminds everyone that Car Free Day is a community led initiative and a day for Vancouver to dream big, experiment, and play in the streets.
- Application deadline is May 22th; successful applicants will be informed within 5 days.
- Maximum individual grant amount is $1000 for Live Music / Performance and $500 for Community Engagement and Environmental Advocacy.
- Your activity must occur on Car Free Day.
- Car Free Day is not responsible for projects that go over-budget and can't compensate a project beyond the awarded grant amount.
- Applications are open to Metro Vancouver individuals, groups, nonprofits, and businesses.
Requests can be for financial assistance as well as waiving of vendor fees. Happy planning!