2013 is here!
The West End is one of the more diverse neighbourhoods in Vancouver and Car Free Day gets us all out on the street: young, old, families, couples, single folks. We all get together and celebrate our community and the things we love about it. And no cars makes it even funner! Did we mention all the music is acoustic? Oh ya!!!!
- Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2013 (Father’s Day)
- Location: We’ll be celebrating on Denman Street between Davie & Robson
- Time: Festival runs from noon to 6 p.m. and the street is closed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Join us for our next planning meeting
- Date: Sunday, May 26th
- Location: West End Community Centre, 870 Denman Street, Room #1
- Time: 1:30 p.m.
This is your community festival! We are 100% volunteer organized and run and we need your help and creative ideas. Please join the West End team as a volunteer for our festival planning crew or as a day-of volunteer. Fill out a volunteer form today:
|Day-of Festival Volunteers:|
Please also plan to join us for one of the upcoming volunteer orientation meetings at the West End Community Centre, 870 Denman Street (Denman @ Haro), in the Barclay Room:
- Sunday, June 2nd, 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 5th, 8:00 p.m. – followed by a pub night!
Bring a friend, a smile, and sign up at the meeting if you haven’t completed our online form. See you soon! Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers and to the West End Community Centre!
Businesses, Non-profits and Artisans
If you are a business, non-profit organization or artisan and want to be involved with this year’s Car Free Vancouver Day in the West End, please fill out this participation form and an organizer will be in touch.
If you would like to contribute to the atmosphere on Denman Street through musical, spoken word, dance, or other performance, please fill out this participation form and an organizer will be in touch. Please note that we are a volunteer festival, meaning that all organizers and participants donate their time and energy for fun, not profit. This means entertainers may not solicit donations. You are, however, welcome to sell CDs.
Some of This Year’s Features in the West End
- Pet Parade:
- Penny Drive – Want to get rid of your pennies? Donate them to us!
- Puddle City Arts – local musicians/artists entertaining you near the Central Bistro/Lounge at Comox
- Squares Across the Border
- Kids Zone – music, drawing and fun to be had for all the kids!
- SAINTS Rescue
- West End Seniors & Gordon House
- Qmunity – celebrating their 1st year in the Festival!
- More to come! Check back soon…
Connect with the West End Festival…
- West End Facebook Page
- Twitter @CarFreeWestEnd: Talk about the West End Car Free Vancouver Day Festival with hashtag #CFWest
- Join our West End Car Free Vancouver Day Flickr Group
- Join the general Car Free Flickr Group
West End Car Free Vancouver Day Contacts
- Festival Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator: westendvol@carfreevancouver.
- Business Coordinator: westendvendors@
- Performer Coordinator: westendentertainment@