Free of Charge. Free of Boring Corporate Stuff. Free of Cars.
2016 is here! This year’s Denman Street festival will be on Saturday, June 18th, rain or shine!
Please consider getting involved by volunteering or participating in some way. This festival is produced 100% by volunteers so we could use the help!
Next West End Festival Planning Meeting
- When: Sunday, April 10th from 3pm-5pm
- Where: West End Community Centre (870 Denman Street); Meeting Room 1
If you are a business, non-profit organization or artisan and want to be involved with this year’s Car Free Day in the West End, please visit our vendor page here.
West End Car Free Vancouver Day Contacts
- Festival Coordinator: email@example.com
- Volunteer Coordinator: westendvol@carfreevancouver.
- Business Coordinator: westendvendors@
- Performer Coordinator: westendentertainment@
Connect with West End Car Free
|Twitter – use hashtag #WECarFree|
Please post, tag and share your photos. We love seeing the West End community reclaiming Denman Street!
West End Car Free 2015, Saturday June 20, was a big success in large part to many people and organizations in the West End. Thank you to the core volunteer planning team, day of volunteers, entertainers, businesses, not for profits, and community groups that helped us make Denman Street Car Free for the day. Specifically the organizers of West End Car Free would like to say thank you to
- WEBIA, the City of Vancouver, Vancity, and Hollyburn Properties for providing event funding.
- WEBIA, Denman Place Mall, Puddle City Arts, WEArts, King George Secondary School, Theresa Marion, Harrison Lee, Hollyburn Properties, the Sands Best Western Hotel, Crystal Chow, DQ on Denman and Beach Bay Cafe for providing entertainment including bands, stages, equipment, electricity and funding.
- Central Bistro, Che-Licious Desserts & Snacks, Noe Herrera, K9 Gentle Dental, Safeway on Robson, Original Mexican Gourmet, Joy-Yo Mexican Delights, Icicles on Tricicles and Innocent Ice Cream who provided food for our volunteers.
- Vancity for funding our recycling program and West End Cleanup’s volunteers for keeping the street clean. Also thank you to BEST for your bicycle valet, plus Saint John’s Ambulance and Denman Care Point Medical Centre for helping keep people happy.
- All the local community groups who continue to make West End Car Free special including the West End Community Centre, West End Seniors Network, West End Cleanup, King George Secondary School, West End Coal Harbour Community Policing Centre, Qmunity, West End Pottery Club, and West End Neighbourhood Food Network.
- MLA Spencer Chandra Hebert and City of Vancouver Councillor Adrianne Carr for your ongoing support of West End Car Free Day – it was great to see both of you engaging with people all day on Denman Street. Also thank you to federal NDP, Green and Liberal parties, plus COPE and Sensible BC, for bringing your political campaigning to the street too.
- WEBIA and local businesses Denman Place Mall, Tango’s Gourmet Meats, Kimprints and Times Square Suites Hotel for your ongoing support.
- Denman Street restaurants Central Bistro, Milano Coffee, Acacia Fillo Bar, Delany’s Coffee House, Khunnai Chang Thai Cuisine, Buckstop, Ponchos Mexican Restaurant, and Cafe Phin and Pho for your ongoing support. Plus thank Che-Licious Desserts & Snacks, Amici Miei Italian Restaurant, Beach Bay Cafe, DQ and Left Bank for participating in 2015 for the first time. We hope to see you all again in 2016.
ENTERTAINMENT at West End Car Free 2015
Puddle City Arts Stage @ Denman Place Mall, hosted by Marc and Nathan
The Ruffled Feathers
East Van Grass
The Soul Hop Committee
Hollyburn Live Music Stage @ Morton Park
DJ Mark Gerrard
Eddy D & The Sex Bombs
Joey Richards & Jason Bonnell
DJ Hubbz and DJ Mark Gerrard
WEBIA Robson Live Music Stage
Hint of Lime
WEArts Stage @ King George Secondary School
Programming by WEArts and Theresa Marion
Yoyo Stage @ Haro Street
Harrison Lee – 2013 Canadian National Yoyo Champion