2013 is here!
The West End is one of the more diverse neighbourhoods in Vancouver and Car Free Day gets us all out on the street: young, old, families, couples, single folks. We all get together and celebrate our community and the things we love about it. And no cars makes it even funner! Did we mention all the music is acoustic? Oh ya!!!!
- Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2013 (Father’s Day)
- Location: We’ll be celebrating on Denman Street between Davie & Robson
- Time: Festival runs from noon to 6 p.m. and the street is closed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Some of This Year’s Features in the West End
- Pet Parade:
- Penny Drive – Want to get rid of your pennies? Donate them to us!
- PuddleCity Arts – local musicians/artists entertaining you near the Central Bistro/Lounge at Comox
- Squares Across the Border
- Kids Zone – music, drawing and fun to be had for all the kids!
- Face Painting Tent
- SAINTS Rescue
- West End Seniors & Gordon House
- Qmunity – celebrating their 1st year in the Festival!
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Stanley Park Ecology Society
- West End Residents Association (WERA)
- Theatre Under the Stars
- Local politicians
- West End Cleanup
- Tango Meats BBQ
- Haro Street Entertainment Tent
- and more!
This is your community festival! We are 100% volunteer organized and run and we need your help and creative ideas. Please join the West End team as a volunteer for our festival planning crew or as a day-of volunteer. Fill out a volunteer form today:
|Day-of Festival Volunteers:|
Businesses, Non-profits and Artisans
Applications are now closed for the 2013 West End Car Free Day festival.
If you would like to contribute to the atmosphere on Denman Street through musical, spoken word, dance, or other performance, please fill out this participation form and an organizer will be in touch. Please note that we are a volunteer festival, meaning that all organizers and participants donate their time and energy for fun, not profit. This means entertainers may not solicit donations. You are, however, welcome to sell CDs.
Connect with the West End Festival…
- West End Facebook Page
- Twitter @CarFreeWestEnd: Talk about the West End Car Free Vancouver Day Festival with hashtag #CFWest
- Join our West End Car Free Vancouver Day Flickr Group
- Join the general Car Free Flickr Group