Free of charge. Free of boring corporate stuff. Free of cars
2014 is here! Come celebrate with us for what is shaping up to be the biggest street party ever held on Main. We expanded our footprint to 21 blocks and are in the process of filling those blocks with as many awesome things as we possibly can. Look for mini-festivals, community-supported stages with dozens of bands, a full kids zone, artisan markets and more! Please consider getting involved by volunteering or participating in some way. This festival is produced 100% by volunteers so we could use the help!
Join us for our next planning committee meeting:
- Date & Time: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Location: Mount Pleasant Community Centre, 1 Kingsway, Multipurpose Room 2
- Details: Everyone is welcome. Bring a friend or two – the more the merrier! No experience necessary.
This is not a festival that comes to Main Street but a festival that is built by the people of Main Street! We are 100% volunteer organized and run and we need your help! If you are interested and Main Street Car Free’s car-free, celebratory, fun for free, local community, ecological, non-corporate ideals appeal to you, fill out one of our volunteer forms today:
|Day-of Festival Volunteers:|
Connect With the Main Street Festival…
- Twitter @carfreemain: use hashtag #CFMain and see #carfreeteaser for Main Street-specific info and updates!
- Tag Your Pics on Flickr: “carfreemain”
- Join Our Group on Flickr: carfreemainvancouver
- Post Your Pics on our Facebook page
- See some pics from last year!
Businesses, Non-profits and Artisans
If you are a business, non-profit organization or artisan and want to be involved with this year’s Car Free Vancouver Day on Main Street, please fill out this participation form and an organizer will be in touch.