What: Car Free Day!
When: Sunday, June 16th (Father’s Day)
- Main Street, Broadway to 30th, noon-7:00 p.m.
- Commercial Drive, Venables to North Grandview Hwy/Central Valley Greenway Bike Lane, noon-7:00 p.m.
- Denman Street, Davie to Robson, noon-6:00 p.m.
- Kitsilano block parties, noon-6:00 p.m. (Sat. June 15th & Sun. June 16th)
- Semlin Street, Adanac to Venables, noon-6:00 p.m. (Sat. June 15th)
Who: You, us, your neighbours and friends and family!
Why: Because we believe less cars = more community, we believe in fun for free, and we believe in proactive community engagement!
Get there: Keep with the spirit of Car Free Day by walking, cycling, skateboarding or taking transit to festival sites. Please don’t drive! Get the TransLink re-routes for buses #3, 5, 6 & 20 (click on the ‘Transit Alerts’ tab and scroll to June 16th). Bike valet service will be available on Main Street (Main & 10th) and Commercial Drive (Commercial Drive & 2nd).
Want to ride your bicycle to all the street festivals on Sunday? Join the HUB Car Free Day group rides:
- 2:00 p.m.: Meet at Denman & Davie, take a leisureley ride to Main Street (look for ride leader with yellow bike helmet)
- 4:00 p.m.: Meet at Main & 10th, ride to Commercial Drive (look for ride leader with yellow bike helmet)
Participants will take in the beautiful sights of Vancouver and enjoy the freedom that bike-riding can offer!